At WSH we know a mother’s health during and after pregnancy has a direct impact on a growing baby. Our goal is to provide patients with a level of support and prenatal testing that goes beyond standard pregnancy care. The Nourishing Newborn prenatal appointments provide our expectant mothers with a resource of information during pregnancy and after childbirth.
During your personalized Nourishing Newborn appointments you can…
- Receive micronutrient and genetic testing to optimize post partum health for you and your nursing baby.
- Find out what mainstream advice could be undermining your work towards raising a healthy, happy baby.
- Learn what peer-reviewed studies, medical journals and traditional wisdom tells us are the most important foods to be eating post partum and during the nursing period.
- Learn what formula ingredients to avoid and what alternatives are best if you are unable to breastfeed.
- Know the most nutrient dense foods and what time to introduce them when transferring your child to solid foods.
Are you already a WSH prenatal patient?
Established WSH patients do not need an initial consultation with one of our functional nutritionists. Make an appointment to have your lab work done around 28 weeks gestation in our office. We will discuss the results around 32 weeks. If you would like to meet to discuss your diet sooner than this in your pregnancy, consultations are available. Follow-up appointments, with or without prior testing have discounted pricing.
Are you new to WSH?
Welcome! You will need to first make an initial consultation appointment with a functional nutritionist to get started. The follow up appointment is to discuss test results and nutrition planning. Any additional appointments will have discounted pricing.